Oasis Park serves as a gateway to Gifu Prefecture and is directly accessible from the Kawajima PA on the Tokaihokuriku Expressway. There are many spots along the waterways flowing through the center of the park where one can touch the waters of the Seiryu river. The park houses Aqua Totto Gifu, one of the world’s largest freshwater aquariums, a water playground, and various fish-shaped play equipment. There is also a Ferris wheel from which one can see the Noube plain, dining establishments serving Gifu cuisine, and gift shops.
- Here, children can get acquainted with water while having fun.
- Water play equipment where water flows out of a bucket are popular in the summer. There are also fountains which spew mist from the ground surface.
- You can learn about, see, and touch the natural environment in Gifu prefecture as well as the riverine environments of the world at the Aqua Totto Gifu.
- The facility recreates the natural environment based on the theme of combining “freshwater fish of the world” with “the headwaters to the estuary of the Kiso Three Rivers and the Nagara Rivers”.
- There are many organized events such as animal guides, animal feeding, and hands-on learning programs.
- The Kiso River Suien, where one can learn about nature while having fun in a luxurious natural environment, is located right next to the Oasis Park.
- You can see wild birds and vegetation and also enjoy the view of waterfalls, rivers, and terraced paddy fields of the upper to lower river regions of the Kiso River, recreated in painstaking detail.
- Participatory activities such as dugout canoe rides and fish catching are also available.
- Park Name
- Aqua Totto Gifu Sekai Tansuigyoen
- 1564-1 Kawashimakasadamachi, Kakamigahara City, Gifu Prefecture 501-6021
- Operating hours
・9:30-22:30 from 27 Apr 2019-31 Oct 2019
・Every second Monday of each month, except August 2019 (the following weekday if a public holiday), 9:30-19:00 on 31 Dec and 1 Jan
*Parking lot opens at 8:30
- Park closures
- For 2019, 12 Feb (Mon), 11 Mar (Mon) , 8 Apr (Mon), 10 Jun (Mon), 8 Jul (Mon), 9 Dec (Mon), For 2020, 14 Mon (Tue), 10 Feb (Mon), 9 Mar (Mon)
*Please find more detailed park closure information here.
Phone : 0586-89-6766
Please check our Official homepage.
- Official homepage
Accessible via normal roads and highways.
If coming via highway
Directly accessible from the Kawashima PA on the Tokaihokuriku Expressway.
*Please click here for more details.
Enrich your enjoyment of the parks of Gifu. Nearby spots
Gifu-Kakamigahara Air and Space Museum
Boasts Japan's largest public exhibition of actual planes, including the only remaining Hien plane in the world, manufactured in Kakamigahara, as well as simulators and hands on exhibits. Learning programs and tours are held regularly. A café and gift shop are also available.
Address: 5-1 Shimogiricho, Kakamigahara City, Gifu Prefecture
Cormorant fishing on the Nagara River, Gifu
Cormorants on the Seiryu and Nagara River are a fixture of the summer season, having a history of more than 1300 years. Flaming red bonfires illuminate the pitch-black river while fisherman and their cormorants fish as one using traditional fishing methods, akin to an invitation to another world.
Address: 1-2 Minatomachi, Gifu City, Gifu Prefecture
Home to 65,000 documents on traditional Japanese and modern medicine, with 2,000 out of 62,000 books on display. The museum holds annual themed exhibitions with a different theme each year.
Address: 1 Kawashimatakehayamachi, Kakamigahara City, Gifu Prefecture
Six prefectural parks connecting Gifu
We introduce six parks operated by Gifu prefecture, which change according to the seasons and are full of individual charm.